Imagine waking up every morning hanging from a cliff. As the day goes by, every last ounce energy slips from your fingers, till eventually you just can’t hold on anymore.
All I needed was one person to reach out to me after I was diagnosed, and that’s what I got!
Depression is nothing and will never be something to be ashamed of. I now wear that on a daily basis knowing that I can always be that person, if someone just needs to talk.
I will be there to listen, to stop them letting go from their own cliff. I want to be a part of the solution in whatever way I can.
I don’t need to be fixed, or told it will get better. All I want is someone ready at any point to reach out and just listen. I suffer from depression and I embrace it.
If the content on this website is distressing or triggering, or, if you are worried about your or someone else's mental health, we have provided in contact details below for you to speak with a professional. If you or someone else is in danger or endangering others, call the police immediately on 111.
• NEED TO TALK? Free call or text 1737 any time for support from a trained counsellor (available 24/7)
• LIFELINE: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
• SUICIDE CRISIS HELPLINE: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• YOUTHLINE: 0800 376 633
• KIDSLINE: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
•WHATSUP: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
• DEPRESSION HELPLINE: 0800 111 757